Join the residents of the West Hendon Estate on the 22nd January for an afternoon of housing activism!
In December of last year, the New Era Estate took on a consortium of corporate interests. They won. Fighting for justice, the campaign used social media as a base for collectivized mobilization, welcoming all who believed in the basic right to a secure home.Read more
"We're all in it together..."
A new study by researchers at Sheffield Hallam University has shown the impact of welfare reform on households and communities in different areas of Sheffield
- · Study of Sheffield residents shows that some local communities are hit five times harder than others
- · Almost half the financial losses falls on working households
- · Couples with children losing an average of nearly £1,700 a year
- · Lone parents losing more than £2,000 a year
- · Men and women with health problems or disabilities are also significantly disadvantaged