The country faces a punishing new round of welfare cuts. We probably won’t know exactly how the Tories will take their pound of flesh from society’s most vulnerable until the autumn. This uncertainty is itself a huge cause of stress and anxiety for millions of people who rely on government help to feed their families and pay their bills.Read more
"We're all in it together..."
A new study by researchers at Sheffield Hallam University has shown the impact of welfare reform on households and communities in different areas of Sheffield
- · Study of Sheffield residents shows that some local communities are hit five times harder than others
- · Almost half the financial losses falls on working households
- · Couples with children losing an average of nearly £1,700 a year
- · Lone parents losing more than £2,000 a year
- · Men and women with health problems or disabilities are also significantly disadvantaged