We want to transform Britain into a giant street party on the Sat 1 July 2017 to celebrate the service the NHS has provided for nearly 70 years but also to demand proper funding, to end the crisis in health and social care, no department or hospital closures, no privatisation and an end to the pay restraint for NHS workers.
We're asking everyone to put on a street party where they live. Get street performers, musicians, speakers, games, food and everyone you know down there. Setting up a street party is very easy. You can find out on our street guide here and from local government here.
LOCAL PARTIES AND LARGE EVENTS
Many of our larger local groups and campaigns with be hosting protest events in town and city centres from around 3pm.
So why not hold your street party from 11am so you can join the larger regional event near you later on?
In London we'll be calling a huge protest and street party right outside the Department of Health on Whitehall. We'll have speeches, music and dancing and a whole lot more.
If you want to set up an event let us know where and when your event will be and we'll help publicise. We'll be putting up all the events on our website as we hear about them, so keep checking back for updates.
If you to set up something in your town or city centre send us an email at email@example.com.
WHAT TO DO
Music and Dancing, Food and Drink, Games for all the family.
To get you in the mood here's a fantastic new track about Tory Privatisation from friends of the People's Assembly Captain Ska:
Captain Ska – ‘Pieces of Me’
- Why not set up tables in the street and toast the great achievements of #OurNHS
- Ask local bands to play
- Find some street performers to come along
- Get a spoken word artist to perform
- Let's throw sponges at Jeremy Hunt (or at least a brave volunteer in a mask!) or Theresa May!
- Let's ask people from your community to tell us stories about how #OurNHS has had a positive impact on their lives
- Why not have a raffle to raise money for NHS campaigning
- Play games, sack races and tug of war, quizzes and more .... Have fun!
- Don't forget the message: We're gathering to celebrate #OurNHS and thank #OurNHS staff for all that they've done for us but we're also making demands, No Cuts, No Closures, No Privatisation.
If you don't want to hold a street party or a large protest event, why not hold a picnic for #OurNHS or a tea party? As long as you're having fun and you're bringing people together in support of #OurNHS, how you do it is up to you! Don't hesitate to contact us if you want some ideas or some help!
Get your #OurNHS Birthday Cards, Bunting Balloons and other decorations and T-Shirts here!
*Links coming soon*
Any questions? Email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org