The People's Assembly have drafted a model motion to submit to your different trade union branches, Trades Councils, Constituency Labour Parties and other campaign groups to support the NHS Emergency demonstration on Saturday 3 February.
Please check out the Facebook event, share widely and invite your friends.
Below is the full text of the Model Motion. Click here to DOWNLOAD the motion to print and distribute.
For trade union organisations, campaign groups, and Constituency Labour Parties
NHS Emergency demonstration: NHS IN CRISIS - FIX IT NOW
Saturday 3 February, 12pm
Assemble Gower Street WC1
This organisation notes:
1. The unprecedented winter crisis in the NHS
2. The cancellation of non-emergency surgery in January and its possible cancellation in February
3. The continued underfunding and covert privatisation of NHS and social care services
4. The continued low pay of many NHS workers
5. The Emergency NHS demonstration called by the Peoples’ Assembly Against Austerity and Health Campaigns Together on Saturday 3rd February 2018
This organisation believes:
1. That this government will destroy the NHS as a free-at-the-point-of-need service unless it is prevented from doing so by mass protest
2. That the Peoples’ Assembly and Health Campaigns Together have already organised the largest pro-NHS demonstrations in recent history
3. That the demonstration of 3rd February deserves our full support
This organisation resolves:
1. To publicise the 3rd February NHS Emergency Demonstration as widely as possible among our members and supporters
2. To produce or acquire publicity material for this demonstration for this purpose
3. To send a named delegation with this organisation’s banner on this demonstration
4. To book or contribute to the costs of transport to this demonstration
5. To lobby local councillors and MPs to attend this demonstration
6. To inform the local press of our plans
7. To report back to our members about this demonstration
8. To send a donation of £_____ to assist in the costs of mounting this demonstration*
9. To inform the Peoples’ Assembly of our support for this demonstration so that the full depth of opposition to government NHS policy can be made public
*Please make cheques out to The People’s Assembly, 52 Beachy Road, London, E3 2NS (please clearly mark donations for NHS Demonstration)
Click here to DOWNLOAD the motion to print and distribute.