Saturday 13 May - 10:30am - 5:30pm
Hamilton House, Mabledon Pl, Kings Cross, London WC1H 9BD
The NHS is in crisis, Education is in Crisis, the Tories are in Crisis. Join us to help ready ourselves to save the NHS, avert the crisis in our schools and universities and kick the Tories out of office.
Every 18 Months we come together from all over the country to discuss what we've been doing in our communities and plan for the months ahead.
Check out and share the Facebook Event here.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Each People's Assembly local group and affiliate Trade Unions and campaigns are entitled to send delegates. We're encouraging smaller groups to send at least three delegates and larger groups and national organisations up to six.
- We will be running three workshops on the day, run by our own activists which will share essential campaigning experinces.
- Observers are welcome, but will not have delegate rights.
- Local groups and affiliate organisations can send in one motion each. Please refer to our last conference pack here (2015) before submitting your motion, as motions on topics already covered will not be accepted. If you've never submitted a motion before a model motion is available here.
- All motions need to be submitted by Sunday 30 April.
- If you have any queries please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
*More details to follow*
“How dare the Tories come to our city?! A city annihilated by their cuts.” was how actor and friend of the People's Assembly Maxine Peake put it last year. 2017 is the time to remind the Tories they are still not welcome in this great city.
Last year the People's Assembly launched it's Take Back Manchester initiative which brought tens of thousands on to the streets of Manchester to say the Tories aren't welcome, and end austerity now.
We'll be calling a National Demonstration in the city to let them know that even though David Cameron is gone, George Osborne is no longer chancellor we won't rest until we have chased them out of office...
Put the date in the diary and join us to help us chase the Tories out of Manchester.
For a taste of some of the things we put on in 2015 take a look here.
*More details to follow*
The People's Assembly is pleased to announce the first of many community Screenings of Ken Loach's powerful, must-see indictment of Britains benefits system, 'I, Daniel Blake'. Get along to a screening near you or organise a showing yourself.
Manchester: Tuesday 24 January - Friends Meeting House - contact: email@example.com
Folkestone: Thursday 26 January - Folkestone Quarter House - contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
South London: Friday 27 January - Rusking House Croydon - contact: email@example.com
Rhyl North Wales: Friday 27 January - Rhyl Little Theatre - contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
South East Cornwall: Saturday 28 January - Liskerrett Community Centre - contact: email@example.com
York: Tuesday 31 January - Crescent Community Venue - contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
North Hertfordshire: Tuesday 7 February - Queen Mother Theatre - contact: email@example.com
Eastbourne: Wednesday 8 February - Christchurch Eastbourne - contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kings Lynn: Friday 10 February - South Lynn Community Centre - contact: email@example.com
Cambridge: 7 pm, Tuesday 14 February - Unitarian Church, Emmanuel Road - contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
COMING UP (dates tbc) in, Bristol, Oxford, Swindon, Milton Keynes, North London, Brighton and multiple locations across Scotland and Northern Ireland. If you want to find out more information about a screening near you or you want to set up your own, please contact, email@example.com
*More info coming soon*