Saturday 1 October:
Speakers include: Ken Loach, Francesca Martinez, Salma Yaqoob, David Edgar, Kevin Courtney, Dave Ward, Malia Bouattia & more. Followed by advanced screening of Ken Loach's "I, Daniel Blake"
Sunday 2 October:
At Theresa May's first Tory Party Conference as Prime Minister, The People's Assembly will be holding a major conference and a national demonstration to demand an alternative to ‘Austerity Britain’.
We face insecure employment, low pay, and a drive to privatise our public services. There’s a growing housing crisis, our NHS is going through the biggest funding squeeze since it’s foundation, and our Education system is over-stretched. Local services have been shut down as huge budget cuts are forced on councils.
Big business, corporations and the richest are squireling away money in offshore tax havens, awarding themselves bonuses, while immigrants are blamed for problems they had no hand in creating. And everyone else is told to tighten their belts.
Join us, in our tens of thousands, to demand change
- Sign up to the Facebook Event, share, and invite your friends
- Download leaflet artwork (or contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Download poster artwork (or contact email@example.com)
- If you can help promote the events in Birmingham, check out the Get Involved page.
- Transport is being arranged from across the country. Check the TRANSPORT PAGE for details
Monday 14 November 2016
Doors 7pm | Curfew 11pm
Tickets £20.00 advance
A night of comedy, music, spoken word and speeches to raise money for the campaign.