The People's Assembly is organising a national demonstration and free festival on Saturday 21 June. Help make it massive!
Demonstrate Saturday 21 June
Assemble 1pm, BBC HQ, Portland Place
London W1A 1AA. March to Parliament
This government remains addicted to austerity, forcing millions towards poverty. We'll be demanding the alternative. Join us!
What you can do today:
- Get involved in your local People's Assembly group
- Order publicity
- Get your trade union / campaign to support
- Spread the word on social media
- Sign the #PeoplesPetition
- Donate! Help us raise £30,000 for the demo
1) Get involved with your local People's Assembly group.
Local groups are organising transport, leafleting, street stalls, rallies and meetings. If there's no group near you, set one up! Get in touch with the office for help. Click here to find your group.
2) Leaflets and Posters
Leaflet your street or estate and ask your friends / workmates to do the same.
Download the new leaflet:
For a version which can be adapted with local transport info click here
You can order leaflets and posters from the national office (you will need to cover postage costs). Please email email@example.com with the subject line 'DEMO PUBLICITY'
3) Ask your trade union branch or region, local trades council, or community group to support the demonstration.
For a model motion click here.
4) Spread the word on social media:
Invite your friends to the Facebook event: click here
Change your Facebook profile photo:
Change your Facebook cover photo:
5) Sign the #PeoplesPetition for the alternative
The People's Assembly launched a petition just before budget day. In just 48 hours over 4,000 people signed! We will be running this petition as part of the national demonstration. Keep sharing, ask your friends and workmates to sign, and of course sign it if you haven't already!
Click here to sign and share
6) Urgent financial appeal - help us raise £30,000 for the demonstration
We've estimated that the cost of putting on this demonstration is going to come to at least £30,000. See our budget below. (this is separate from local groups transport and publicity).
We're committed to making sure the demonstration happens - but this means we urgently need to raise these funds. What we can achieve with the demonstration depends entirely on how much money we raise.
Please consider making a donation, and if possible setting up a regular monthly donation so we can properly sustain a permanent campaign against austerity.
Budget for the national demonstration: 21 June 2014 - click here
Solidarity, and see you on the 21 June!