0871 664 8005Please tell the operator you are with the Convoy to Calais. If you succesfully make a booking - please let us know at email@example.com with "14:45 BOOKING" in the subject.
More Info: www.convoytocalais.org
Now is the time for solidarity with refugees: Register below for the Convoy to Calais - Saturday 18 June 2016
- Hundreds more refugees have drowned in the Mediterranean, the British government are refusing to even take parentless children from Calais, and Syrian refugees are being forced back into the jaws of the war they have fled.
- The Convoy to Calais on 18 June will be a huge demonstration of solidarity with refugees from the people of this country. The major unions are in. The biggest social movements are in. The Muslim community is in. Are you?
- This is practical aid but it is also a huge moving protest at the way governments across the continent are failing refugees. This is the time to come together and say: stop the scapegoating, solidarity with the refugees.
Organised by People's Assembly Against Austerity, Stop the War Coalition, Stand up to Racism, Unite the Union, Communications Workers Union, TSSA, War on Want, Momentum & Muslim Association of Britain, ASLEF, FBU, Humanitas, FBU and UNISON.
Here's what you can do:
- Come on the Convoy. We need every last lorry, van, bus, car, motorbike or scooter that can come to be with us. Let us know you're coming by registering, and do make a donation to help with the costs. Even if you have to peel off at Dover and cant make it all the way. (Initial itinary below)
- Collect: we need material, and money. Collect in your workplace, union, community, place of worship or just among your friends. Every bit counts. Download the full aproved donation list HERE.
- Drop Off Points: You can find a drop off point near you HERE.
- Even if you haven't collected anything do come on the Convoy. We need hands to unload and a massive show of solidarity.
For those that want to support the convoy but can't come, we'll be holding a series of actions for, Stand with Refugees Day in collaboration with many other campaigns and charities.
This includes the 9:30 Convoy Send Off Rally and after the convoy has departed, there'll be a 1 hr silence at Parliament Sq. at 12:00pm.
More details can be found HERE.
Please note: We are taking a absolutely huge amount of aid to Calais. To facilitate a smooth operation, we are asking as much aid as possible to be moved from individual cars into larger vehicles, either by taking your aid to a drop off point in advance or by loading your aid onto the Lorry at Whitehall on Saturday 18th. No aid whatsoever is allowed to be delivered directly to the camp... if you want to take aid to Calais in your own vehicle let us know and we'll point towards our 'pop up depot' in Calais!
REGISTER FOR THE CONVOY BELOW
ITINERARY FOR CONVOY (subject to change)
Friday 17th June
- 9:00 to 18:00: Drop off aid donations in London Address TBA
- 18:00: Convoy to Calais London Rally Emmanuel Centre
Saturday 18th June
- 08:30: Vehicles Assemble on Whitehall
- 09:30/10: Convoy departs
- 09:30 Send off rally and guest speakers
- 12:00 One hour Solidarity Silence in Parliament Square (for those staying Londo4)
- 13:00: Convoy arrives at Dover
- 13:55: Ferry departs / Rally at Dover for those who can't make it to Calais
- 16:00: Convoy arrives in Calais
- 18:30: Solidarity Event at Calais
- 21:00: Convoy Departs
- 22:40: Ferry departs Calais
REGISTER FOR THE CONVOY BELOW
Vehicles will assemble from 8:30am along Whitehall. Make sure you register in advance & get there on time.
PLEASE NOTE: The ticket to Calais INCLUDES a return ticket on the ferry - limited spaces available so please book up asap.
Whatever else you do spread the word:
See you on the road!
More Info: www.convoytocalais.org or email, firstname.lastname@example.org
London SW1A 2ET
Google map and directions