Friday 26 May / After school / Cambridge and Ely
The new Fair Funding for All Schools group in Cambridgeshire has organized a day of action on Friday, the last day of half term, with parents at several schools taking part. This growing, national campaign demands that the government should protect per-pupil funding in real terms for the term of the next parliament, and provide additional funding so that no school loses by the National Funding Formula which, as it stands, will increase funding for some schools at the expense of others. The schoolcuts website shows with frightening clarity how individual schools will be affected.
After-school picnics, where parents and pupils can find out more about the campaign, will be held at the following places:
- Green End Park, Cambridge CB4 (for Shirley Primary School and Chesterton Primary School)
- The Lantern Community Primary School, Nene Road, Ely CB6 2WJ
- Mayfield Primary School, Warwick Road, Cambridge CB4 3HN
- St Luke's CofE Primary School, French's Road, Cambridge CB4 3JZ
- Vinery Park, Cambridge CB1 (for St Philip's CofE Primary School and others)
We can join the Fair Funding for All Schools (Cambridgeshire) Facebook group to keep up with the campaign.